2023 Horse bullion coin by spanish mint FNMT
- July 06, 2023
FNMT has issued a bullion coin in 2023 of 1 oz. of gold depicting, in the reverse, the image of another representative Spanish animal, in this case a CARTUJANO HORSE. The Carthusian horse, or Cartujano is not a distinct breed of horse but rather an offshoot of the pure Spanish horse and is considered the purest strain remaining with one of the oldest stud books in the world.
Metal : Gold
Quality : Proof
Diameter : 37.20 mm
Weight : 31,104 g
Face Value : 1,5€
Max. mintage: 12,000 coins
What is a bullion coin?
A bullion coin is a coin that is made from precious metals, such as gold, silver, platinum, or palladium, and is used primarily for investment purposes. These coins typically have a high content of the precious metal they are made from and are minted by governmental or authorized private mints. Bullion coins are valued based on the weight and purity of the precious metal they contain, rather than their face value, and their prices fluctuate with the market value of the metal. They are bought and sold for their intrinsic value rather than for their numismatic or collectible value.
In europe, the most reputated bullion coin producer is the austrian mint with its whole series Vienna Orchestra.
Advantages in buying BULLION COINS
There are several advantages of bullion coin assets:
- Tangible and physical: Bullion coins are a physical asset that you can hold in your hand, providing a sense of security and ownership. They are perceived as a reliable store of value and a form of wealth.
- Inflation hedge: Bullion coins, particularly gold and silver, are often considered a hedge against inflation. When the value of currency decreases, the value of precious metals generally increases.
- Global recognition: Bullion coins are internationally recognized and accepted as a form of payment or value. They can be easily traded and sold across global markets, making them a liquid asset.
- Portability: Bullion coins are highly portable, allowing ease of transport and storage. This makes them convenient to hold and move around, compared to other physical assets like real estate or large commodities.
- Diversification: Including bullion coins in an investment portfolio provides diversification, reducing the overall risk. Precious metals have historically demonstrated a low correlation with other asset classes, such as stocks or bonds, making them a valuable addition to a well-rounded investment strategy.
- Privacy: Purchasing bullion coins can be done anonymously, providing a level of privacy and confidentiality for those concerned about their personal financial affairs.
- Potential for capital appreciation: Bullion coins, especially those with numismatic value or limited mintage, can appreciate in value over time. This potential for capital appreciation adds an additional layer of investment potential.
Overall, the advantages of investing in bullion coins make them an attractive option for individuals looking to diversify their investment portfolio, protect against inflation, and hold a tangible and valuable asset.
Sources: Spanish Mint and NUMISMAG.