- September 29, 2020
Although known as “Ginkaku-ji”, the official name of the temple is Jisho-ji. It was built in 1482 by Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimasa, who wanted to compete with Kinkaku-ji, the Golden Pavilion, built by his grandfather Ashikaga Yoshimitsu.
His intention was to cover the pavilion with silver foils, but because of the intensification of the Onin War, which had broken out a few years earlier, in 1467, the construction was stopped. So that the pavilion was never covered with silver.
The building, which was supposed to be an ostentatious monument, is now taken as an example to show...
- October 07, 2018
Medal of friendship birth between France and United States engraved by Augustin Dupré, “Americana Libertas” is one of the most famous medals linked to...