2022 latvian numismatic program
- January 25, 2022
Last update – 04/06/2022. This year Latvijas Banka intends to issue five collector coins as well as two 2 euro commemorative coins and a circulation coin set. The collector coins will be dedicated to various topics relevant to Latvia:
- Centenary of the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia
- 150th birthday of Vilhelms Purvītis and his creative work
- Natural meadows of Latvia
- Centenary of Latvijas Banka
- Art and music (an innovative coin)
In 2022, Latvijas Banka will issue two 2 euro commemorative coins:
- 2 euro commemorative coin “Financial Literacy” in circulation quality and in gift packaging as well as a circulation coin set bearing the same name
The author of the graphic design of the national side of the “Financial Literacy” coin is artist Reinis Pētersons.
Mintages: 400 000 UNC coins (for circulation) and 8 000 BU coins.
The coin has been struck by UAB Lietuvos monetų kalykla (Lithuania).
- 2 euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Erasmus programme in circulation quality and in gift packaging.
Estimated volume of issuance: 307 000
Edge lettering: ‘DIEVS SVĒTĪ LATVIJU’ (‘GOD BLESS LATVIA’)
Sources: Bank of Latvia and NUMISMAG.